Alcohol 13,0 %
The chateau belongs to the Thienpont family since 1924. The one-piece vineyard of 14ha consists of clay-gravel and clay. The chateau is situated in the middle of the plateau next to Ch. Petrus. The terroir has the famous iron deposits “fer” which gives a truffle aroma to the wine later on, just as Ch. Pétrus. Today Alexandre Thienpont is the director. The castle is one of the oldest buildings of Pomerol, some parts date from the 12th century.